Fast-growing, business-friendly Moncton, long touted as the Hub of the Maritimes, is the ideal place to locate your operation, and the Greater Moncton Area is an excellent place to live and work in Atlantic Canada.
- KPMG’s Competitive Alternatives 2012 & 2014 study found Moncton to be the most cost competitive city for business in Canada.
- Greater Moncton is the 5th fastest growing community in Canada with 17.8% growth 2001-2011.
- Bilingual - More than 47% of its population speaks both French and English
- Centrally located, more than 1.3 million live within 2.5 hours of Greater Moncton... more than 1.5 million within 3 hours.
- Convergence of the highway network, rail lines and regional air service positions Greater Moncton as the geographic transportation hub of the Maritimes.
- The excellent highway access is a major reason three of Canada’s ten largest trucking companies are headquartered in Moncton.
- Moncton is home to proven, successful industrial parks, and a broad range of local, national and international businesses.
- There are over 300 firms active in the transportation, logistics and warehousing sector in Greater Moncton.
- In total, these firms employ more than 5,100 people.
- There are more than a dozen mid-sized or large transportation firms, 27 regional distribution centres, as well as air transportation and rail cargo assets.
- Adjusted for the size of the overall workforce, there are more people working in the transportation, logistics and warehousing sector in Greater Moncton than any other metropolitan area across Canada