Building Moncton Since 1956
Archie Colpitts began his career building the single-family homes and small apartment buildings that have become the core of familiar neighbourhoods in Moncton. During the 1960s, Archie Colpitts Ltd evolved to construct and own larger apartment buildings, including the Lorentz Apartments, and built four industrial warehouse projects.
In 1990, Archie’s daughter Andrea began managing the business, and turned the company’s focus to its top quality commercial and industrial holdings in the Moncton area.
In 2006, the company built a 24,000 sq ft warehouse, and in 2013, a 3,200 sq ft retail space was developed on Moncton’s West Main street. Their recent project was a 62,000 sq ft Atlantic Canadian Distribution Centre for PPG Architectural Coatings, now open five weeks ahead of schedule. Today, Andrea, with husband and partner Cyril Johnston, own and manage six commercial properties totalling over 300,000 sq ft of leasable area. In 2014, the company was renamed and rebranded as Moncton’s commercial and industrial property specialists, Colston Property Group.